Monday, July 25, 2011

Productive Day

Well it definitely helps to blog about your goals and then hit "publish" to the Internet!  I was held accountable and accomplished a LOT on my clean out project today.  Many thanks to my sweet mom for entertaining my "assistant" while I worked fast and furious!  I still have two closets to go but have already finished 3.  Over half way!  Woohoo!  I'll be ready for a garage sale when the cooler weather finally arrives.

Tonight I got out of the house for a little bit and went to Bible study.  I was SO looking forward to it all day.  It always refreshes me and as much as I love my precious family, I enjoy the hour and a half of "me time" where I can learn more about God's word without distractions. 

Tonight's lesson was on Quiet Times.  I have recently been committed to my quiet time and was so glad to get new ideas to incorporate.  I find that first thing in the morning is the best time for me to do this.  It's amazing how God has been continually waking me up at 6:30 so I can spend the time with Him before everyone else stirs.  It amazes me that the Lord gives me the energy throughout the day to keep getting up earlier.  I LOVE to sleep and it's hard for me to pull myself out of bed.  But, I am such a better wife and mommy when I do.  Having those moments with God first thing sets my attitude in the right direction- I can't promise I stay there all day (or even for 5 minutes some days) but it's the best chance I've got.  I've seen Him answer my prayers too many times not to think this worthwhile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment