Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Reality Check

Today Lizzy and I went out to get her some bigger sized diapers.  I couldn't believe when I got home and opened them up how big they are!  They are the right size but they are size THREE! 

At the beginning of this summer we were out in a restaurant with our good friends Will and Valerie and our precious God daughter, Hallie.  I went to change Lizzy and realized I was out of diapers.  Valerie gave me one of Hallie's size three diapers.  At the time it was HUGE on Lizzy, and I could have almost wrapped her twice in it. 

All of a sudden, she's wearing a size three.  Where did the time go?  It scares me that it goes so fast because I think, "Did I pay enough attention?  Did I enjoy all those moments?". 

I love her so much, I want to remember every little detail and moment with her.  I don't want to be so caught up in our day-to-day routines that I miss the bigger picture. 

What a precious gift from God each moment is with her.   

No comments:

Post a Comment