Monday, September 6, 2010

Heavy Heart

Tonight I write with a heavy heart.  My sweet friend Hannah's baby now has meningitis.  They did a spinal tap earlier today and discovered the infection is in his brain.  The good news is that they were able to get the Picc line in which will get him the antibiotics that he needs. 

I am so thankful that Hannah is one of the strongest Christians I know.  If anyone can handle this, it's definitely her.  I know that the Lord promises us that He will never give us more than we can bear but sometimes I can't help but wonder- "why Lord?" 

I so took for granted when I was pregnant that Lizzy would be born a healthy, happy baby.  How blessed I was that I was right.  It never really crossed my mind that something could be wrong with her or that she would be born sick. 

It hits so close to home every time I look at Lizzy, I think about precious baby Cab (Hannah's son).  I just can't get them off my mind.  I pray with my whole being that the Lord would completely heal Cab, and that he wouldn't have any lasting implications.  I pray for Hannah and Charles as they go through this.  I pray for restful sleep for them tonight; that they would awake tomorrow renewed and energized and that tomorrow would be bring news of healing and gaining of strength.  Thank you for praying this with me.   

No comments:

Post a Comment