Thursday, August 25, 2011

Proverbs 31

I've gotten in to a really good routine of getting up before everyone else each morning and having a quiet time.  It's been a great way to start my day, with my focus where it needs to be, and I love the still quietness of my house.  It's my time to really talk with God and read His Word before the day gets crazy. 

This week I've been focusing on the Proverbs 31 woman.  I've read it so many times before and always thought, "yeah, that's a great example of a Godly woman".  But this week, I've really read it slowly and asked God to speak to me through these verses.  I've been amazed each day at something new that has stood out to me. 

The main thing that I feel like God has shown me through this weeks reading is the end of the chapter where it talks about the wife of noble character being filled with wisdom and having faithful instruction on her tongue.  Faithful instruction?  Wisdom?  Not nagging comments, gossip, or gripes.  Faithful instruction.  Filled with wisdom. 

This is the kind of Godly woman I long to be.  One filled with God's wisdom.  A loving wife with a servants heart.  A gentle but firm mother that trains up her children in the ways of the Lord.  A loyal friend that is quick to listen and slow to speak. 

God has really shown me this week how quick I am to offer a gripe or complaint, how impatient I can be with others, and how most of my "instructions" wouldn't be considered faithful.  I love that He is bringing this to my attention and is faithful to lead us on a path that brings us closer to Him. 

A wife of noble character, worth far more than rubies.  She laughs at the days to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment