Monday, August 1, 2011

He Provides

It never ceases to amaze me how God provides.  I don't know why I continue to doubt and get all worried and anxious- He's provided for our every need, every time and yet I always worry over situations as if I just have NO idea how it could ever work out.  When will I learn?  How many times does He have to prove Himself to me?

This past year was my first year of working part time.  Most of you know,  I work several different jobs in order to be able to do my favorite job full time- being a Mom!  It's been a year of amazement for us in how God not only has provided for our every need, He's provided most, if not all, of our wants too.  We knew how much all of these different incomes needed to amount to and God knew too.  He is faithful. 

My thoughts on this stem from our most recent provision.  I had asked the girls in my Bible study to please pray that I would get some real estate business.  It's summer, school's out, and I had extra time on my hands to be working as a realtor. 

The girls prayed and that weekend I did phone duty for my real estate company.  Usually phone duty is not very productive and to be honest, can be a waste of weekend time.  I don't do it very often.  However, that weekend I signed up.  I only got three calls all weekend.  BUT, one of them wanted to see a Nix listing.  Unfortunately, it was already under contract.  I offered to send her some others to look at, and she called the next day to go see three.  She fell in love with one of them and three days later put in an offer.  We closed Friday.  It was a totally unexpected blessing and complete provision on His part. 

Even as I write this I notice my word choice above- "totally unexpected" and I go back to my original thought- why would I NOT expect God to provide for us?  Would He really do any less?  Never. 

No comments:

Post a Comment