Sunday, October 17, 2010

10 years

Friday night Rob and I went out for my 10 year high school reunion.  As I was putting on my makeup and getting dressed to go, I thought back on high school.  I thought of all the times I'd cried for not feeling "cool enough" or not having a boyfriend.  I remembered all the "popular" girls that were so gorgeous that seemed like they had everything in the world going for them.  I remembered some Friday or Saturday nights when I felt left out- no plans.

On those lonely nights 10 years ago, I wish I could have seen all that God had in store for me. 

I never dreamed I'd have married such a wonderful man- the Prom King to boot!  A man that loves me and supports me in all of my crazy adventures.  A man that doesn't laugh when I have a "brilliant" new career idea every six months.   A man that puts up with my grumpy moods when I don't get enough sleep.  A man that waters the plants at the front door because he knows I won't remember do it.  A man that is perfect for me.

I never dreamed I'd have a precious daughter that can light up my life with her every smile.  A daughter that likes to squirm around everywhere but ever so often loves to fall asleep on her mommy's shoulder.  A daughter that kicks her legs in excitement every time you come in to get her from a nap.  A daughter that has brought more joy into this house than ever imaginable.

I wish I'd known all of these things 10 years ago.  Would have saved me a lot of tears if I could have seen my life as it is now.  If I'd known that in just 10 years, I'd have absolutely every thing I've ever wanted in life- a man that loves me and a precious child. 

I am content.  I feel complete.  Not to say I don't have goals and things I still want to accomplish, but as far as the "big things" in life go- I couldn't be more blessed. 

I know that God has used these past 10 years to mold and shape me into the person that I am now.  I thank Him for that and pray that He will bless me, and my precious family, as much over the next 10 years as He did the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment